vendredi 31 juillet 2015

SD Card is blank or has unsupported filesystem



Hello,

So my sd card (16gb) appears to have stop working and the phone gives me the message “SD Card is blank or has unsupported filesystem.” This started yesterday after I changed default storage for my camera to sd card. Before that it was working just fine.

I restarted the phone, no luck with that. Turn off phone and remove and cleaned sd card, still no luck. I plugged in my phone to the computer to access the sd card, but did not show up, I guess its cause the card is not mounted? So then I thought I’ll just plug in the sd card to my computer and back up everything and then format to correct, but no that didn’t work… when I plugged it in my computer, my computer did not even recognize my card.

At first I thought maybe my adapter is broken, so I plugged in a spare sd card (1gb) I had lying around and that on worked just fine. So I googled what could be wrong and read that it could be that the adapter does not support HCSD cards. So then I plugged in my sd card into a USB sd card reader (which had a slot for micro sd which I used), but same thing – did not recognize 16gb card, but it did for 1gb card. I checked to see if it’s a driver issue, but it was up to date. Then I doubted the USB card reader didn’t support HCSD like the adapter, so I went out and bought a new USB card reader (one that works with HCSD cards) from bestbuy (Insignia SD/MMC Memory Card Reader). Still did not recognize card with new reader on computer.

I googled to see what my options were, but the solutions that I found all had the computer recognize the card – which mine isn’t doing… but I still tried a few things I read like chkdsk in command prompt, but I got “Cannot open volume for direct access” error.

Even though my computer does not recognize the card, my phone does recognize it but corrupt and offers to format. I also tried it on different phones (Galaxy S2 T989, and Blackberry Bold 9650) to see if it can read it, but same thing it recognizes it but corrupt and unreadable.

I’m still looking around for solutions, but if anyone can help me with this, please do. Please let me know if you need more info.

Info on devices/cards:
T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 16gb – 5.1.1 stock rom – no root
16gb micro sd card class 2 – got it with HTC HD2
Micro sd to SD adapter – got it with Samsung Beat T539
Focus camera card reader - got it with camera bundle
Insignia SD/MMC Memory Card Reader
Galaxy S2 T989 – was using latest stock rom – no root as well.
Computer – Lenovo Y50 running windows 8.1 currently. only few months old.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire