mardi 25 août 2015

Does this look dodgy?



Hi everyone,

I've been on holiday and come back and found my missus has ordered a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G901F from ebay for my eldest kid. Now I don't like buying mobiles on ebay as I find that some are a somewhat iffy or risky, but the missus wasn't aware of this risk. Anyway to cut a long story short she did check mend, imei.info checks and all that seem to be fine. She's even already registered the phone on the police immobilize website.

However now that I've had time to take a look at the phone, although it seems to have been factory reset, there are a few processes running that look a bit dodgy for me. Therefore I would be most grateful if someone could clarify these are safe and if there is anything I need to do to make sure that the device has not got any malware or software that possibly can lock down the phone.

SETTINGS>DEVICE ADMINISTRATORS:-
Android Device Manager - not Active
Lookout - not Active
Computrace security policy - not Active

SETTINGS>DOWNLOADED:-
sec.abt

SETTINGS>RUNNING:-
sec.abt
SecurityManagerService
com.sec.bcservice
IPsec Service


These settings and processes could all be innocent, but I'd rather be safe than sorry as the last thing I want is someone 6 months later remotely blocking the phone or being able to locate the phone.

If anyone can recommend an app or any other tool that I can use to scan for any malware/device locking software as a precaution, then please let me know ASAP.

Thanks in Advance



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire